What to Expect:
At our first session, I will meet you and your dog at your home where we will identify your goals and translate them into an actionable training plan. After every session, you will receive an email with content covered and your homework. I tailor the lessons to suit your learning style, whether you love having a detailed training schedule or prefer a big picture approach. We’ll track your progress. Every week, we want to see incremental change toward your final goals. Regardless of what your goals are, you’ll find along the way that your bond with your dog grows, as does her engagement and responsiveness. You will also learn the skills you’ll need to continue to work with your dog on your own.
Regardless of why you contacted me, your dog will have no idea why I am at your house. Zero. For dogs who don’t love visitors, they initially may count the seconds until I leave. But after a few minutes or a few sessions, regardless of whether your puppy is too sweet for words or your dog has been exhibiting less than desirable behaviors, your dog will be convinced that he figured it out!!! I visit your house so we can all play games and have fun! When teaching is done well, learning is fun!
Services and Rates:
Initial assessment / consultation – 1.5 hours – $250*
We will meet at your home where I can observe and work with your dog. We’ll discuss your goals and your dog’s history and behavior. I will give you homework, discuss possible training approaches and after the session, write-up a training plan to help you meet your goals.
*If you purchase a 4-pack of session, $100 will be credited to your first package.
Packages – 4 sessions – 1 hour each – $400
- Training sessions are offered in packages of 4 and are to be used within a 4-week period.
- Sessions are at your home or out and about, depending on your goals with your dog.
- You will receive a session recap via email within 1-3 days after every session.
- You will be required to complete training homework every week.
- I encourage you to stay in touch via email during the week with any questions or updates.
- Pre-payment is required at the time of scheduling.
- Cancellations are not charged if within 24 hours prior to the secheduled session.
I can help you and your dog if…
- Your dog is exhibiting unwanted aggressive or fearful behaviors
- You adopted a new puppy and need help with training and socialization
- Your dog hit adolescence full paws blazing!
- You adopted a new dog and want to prevent behavior challenges before they start
- Your dog is often struggling to figure out how to behavior appropriately and be successful
- You want to deepen your bond with your dog
- You want to improve your training skills and engagement with your dog
- Your dog forgets you exist the second you step out the front door and walks are no fun
- You are ready to invest the time and effort because your dog’s well-being is important to you
I tailor our training to meet both your dog’s and your goals and needs. We teach your dog new skills and behaviors so that he can better manage and cope in the world. We’ll explain to him how our crazy human world works and increase your dog’s behavior repertoire so he is able to behave successfully in specific contexts. We can teach him how to greet people, what to do when the front door opens, what his job is when the family sits down for dinner, and so on. We can use desensitization and counterconditioning to change the way your dog feels about all sorts of things, like people, the dremel and sounds. You would be surprised how often our dogs are confused and guessing. As your dog’s skills, mastery and successes increase, so does his confidence and his connection to you. Training can feel like magic!
Step 1 – Contact me.
Step 2 – You will hear from me within 24-hours to schedule an initial consultation.
Step 3 – Have faith in yourself and your dog. You can do it! You can meet your goals and have fun along the way! I’m here to support, guide and make the process a positively reinforcing one for both people and dogs. I’ll create a roadmap to guide you along the way.
Step 4 – Enjoy watching your dog transform into the super star you knew he could be! I love hearing clients exclaim in disbelief, “He is brilliant!”
“I have learned that training is a transformative process for both the learner and the teacher. Critical to success in this transformation is developing trust among all involved.”Ken Ramirez